Saleha leads the technology platform service RevGenUK which offers TILLING (Targeting Induced Local Lesions in Genomes) on populations of mutagenized model and crop species.
TILLING is a ‘reverse genetics’ process used to identify mutants in a specific gene of interest.
The TILLING populations available are:
- Brassica napus (Cabriolet)
- Brassica oleracea (DH1012)
- Capsella rubella (SAS 52)
- Lotus japonicus (Gifu and MG20)
- Medicago truncatula (A17)
- Avena strigosa (S75)
The Brassica rapa (R-o-18) population is an off the shelf service made up of over 1,000 re-sequenced lines available through the RevGenUK website.