*POSTPONED* Our Plants Our Future Conference
‘Our Plants, Our future’ is a two-day scientific conference at the Royal Society to mark the International Year of Plant Health 2020.
The event will showcase the best of UK plant health science to a national and international audience of invited scientists and key influencers.
Supported by DEFRA and attended by the Chief Scientific Advisor Professor Gideon Henderson, ‘Our Plants, Our Future’ will be opened by Lord Gardiner of Kimble, Defra Minister for biosecurity. It is being held at Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG.
- Saskia Hogenhout and Alessandra de Souza representing the BRIGIT project
- Sarah Gurr from the University of Exeter
- Nick Talbot and Jonathan Jones from the Sainsbury Laboratory
- Trevor Nicholls and Dick Shaw from CABI
- Baldiserra Giovanni from EPPO
Chaired by the BSPP President and current Plant Chief, Nicola Spence, attendees will also hear from;
- Diane Saunders
- Richard Buggs of the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew
- Katherine Denby from the University of York
- Estrella Luna-Diez from the University of Birmingham
- Lisa Smith from DEFRA
- Anna Brown of the Forestry Commission
- Ruth Bryant of RAGT seeds
- Neil Boonham of the University of Newcastle
- Gerry Sadler from SASA
- Ian Toth of the James Hutton Institute
- Chris Gilligan of the University of Cambridge
The meeting is being organised by the BSPP, with additional support from the UKRI-BBSRC, Defra/Fera Future-Proofing Plant Health Programme, the CONNECTED virus-vector network and the N8 AgriFood on behalf of the Global Burden of Crop Loss initiative.
Join us for this unique opportunity in the International Year of Plant Health to help raise global awareness on how protecting plant health can help end hunger, reduce poverty, protect the environment, and boost economic development. Follow and tag your posts with #IYPH2020 on social media to raise awareness about the importance of #PlantHealth and share best practices.