As well as a competitive salary, we offer a range of additional benefits for staff, including:
- Pension: All new employees are eligible to join our Group Personal Pension The employer’s contribution is 10% of your salary and employees contribute 5% of salary. Employees may, if they wish, pay higher contributions. Life Assurance is also available to members of our Group Personal Pension Plan.
- Holidays: 25 days on appointment, rising to 28 days. Plus 8 Public holidays and 2.5 Privilege days. (Pro-rata for part-time employees.)
- Learning and Development: A wide range of specialist scientific training is available, alongside support for leadership and management, career development and coaching and mentoring.
- Family/Dependent Support Fund: The Family/Dependent Support Fund provides some financial support for staff who wish to attend conferences, networking events, workshops and professional development opportunities but who have childcare or dependent responsibilities which may make this difficult.
- Chestnut Nursery School at the Norwich Research Park: On-site childcare for babies, toddlers and young children (0-5 years old) is available at the Chestnut Nursery School. The nursery also runs Holiday Clubs for children aged up to 11 years. Subject to availability, parents and carers can also book temporary childcare when visiting the Norwich Research Park. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Information about other childcare providers can be found at: https://www.childcare.co.uk/search/All-Childcare-Services/Norfolk.
- Voluntary Employee Benefits scheme: ‘NBI Lifestyle’ gives employees access to a great range of discounts on: travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and day to day spending. The scheme offers something for everyone and endless ways to save online and in store.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Employees and their families can also access wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Programme, part of NBI Lifestyle. In addition to articles, webinars and information on many work, home and health related matters, the scheme offer a 24/7 telephone counselling service.
- Sport and recreation facilities: The John Innes Society provides employees and their families with access to a range of sports and recreation events and facilities, including a barbeque, swimming pool and sports hall.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Available via NBI Lifestyle, a Cycle to Work scheme allows employees to select a bicycle and associated safety equipment (up to £1,000 in value) from a number of local, national and on-line suppliers. An amount is then deducted from monthly salary for a period of 12 months, allowing employees to benefit from tax advantages.
- Loan Bikes: The Institute has a limited number of bikes available for personal use for up to three months for visiting workers and students.
- Catering: Hot and cold food is available across the site.
- Car Park: There is a car park for all staff and visitors on site.
- Multi Faith Room: A quiet room is available and can be used for religious requirements.
- Welfare Suite: This also includes facilities for nursing mothers.
If you are an international applicant, the recruitment team can provide you with guidance on the different visa options and application processes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regularly review our reward arrangements and undertake benchmarking activities to ensure our offer remains competitive.