As well as competitive salary and annual leave entitlements, there are numerous additional benefits for John Innes Centre staff, including;
- Voluntary Employee Benefits scheme – ‘NBI Lifestyle’ gives you access to a great range of discounts on: travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending and an Employee Assistance Programme
- An on-site Nursery, available for staff and students. A proportion of places within this Nursery are reserved for use by the Norwich Bioscience Institutes of which the John Innes Centre is one
- Cycle to Work Scheme – The institute endorses a salary sacrifice scheme for 12 months where the cost of a bike is taken out of the gross salary before tax and National Insurance deductions
- Loan Bikes – The institute has a limited number of bikes available for personal use for up to three months for visiting workers and students
- Catering – Subsidised hot and cold food is provided across the site. Confectionary, hot and cold drinks and vending machines are also available
- On-site car parking
We regularly review our reward arrangements and undertake benchmarking activities to ensure our offer remains competitive.
Our job evaluation processes ensure pay and grading decisions are based on objective criteria and we undertake an annual review of pay and bonus payments.
We also review pay decisions on appointment, before the award of special bonus or exceptional performance awards and on promotion. Our procedures include gender balanced remuneration panels, unconscious bias training and regular analysis of pay decisions by a number of factors including gender