Dr Ross Carter
My research is currently focused on investigating the biological and physical processes underpinning leaf development.
To achieve this, I use a combination of approaches: mathematical and computational methods and experiments with the model plant Arabidopsis.
My current research interests include, but are not limited to:
- Developmental Biology
- Cell polarity
- Pattern Formation
- Plant biomechanics
- Image analysis
- Instrumentation development
- Software development
My past research has included:
- Developing methods of measuring the properties of plant cell walls in vivo using atomic force microscopy.
- Modelling the effect of auxin influx transporters on leaf margin patterning.
- The analytical description of diffusio-phoretic nanoswimmers.
- Green's function approaches to describing diffusion.
ContactTel: +44 (0)1603 450553
Development (Cambridge, England) 144 p4386-4397
Publisher’s version: 10.1242/dev.157073
Current Biology 27 p2974-2983.e2
Publisher’s version: 10.1016/j.cub.2017.08.006