Dr Ross Carter
My research is currently focused on investigating the biological and physical processes underpinning leaf development.
To achieve this, I use a combination of approaches: mathematical and computational methods and experiments with the model plant Arabidopsis.
My current research interests include, but are not limited to:
- Developmental Biology
- Cell polarity
- Pattern Formation
- Plant biomechanics
- Image analysis
- Instrumentation development
- Software development
My past research has included:
- Developing methods of measuring the properties of plant cell walls in vivo using atomic force microscopy.
- Modelling the effect of auxin influx transporters on leaf margin patterning.
- The analytical description of diffusio-phoretic nanoswimmers.
- Green's function approaches to describing diffusion.