Upcoming events likely to be of interest to the Pulse Crop Genetic Improvement Network (PCGIN).
Upcoming PCGIN meetings
8th International Legume Root Diseases workshop (ILRD8) *postponed*
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, the 8th International Legume Root Diseases Workshop (ILRD8), to be held in Agrocampus-Ouest, Rennes, France, is postponed until Autumn 2021 or Spring 2022. The new dates will be confirmed in Autumn 2020.
For any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advances in Legume Science and Practice 2
The organisers of the AAB Conference: Legume Science and Practice 2, have provided an update relating to the pandemic Covid-19. It has been decided to postpone the conference until a date in September 2021.
AAB will provide further updates as further information becomes available. Inform your colleagues and people within your networks of this decision.
- Date: 27 – 29 May 2020 *postponed until September 2021*
- Venue: Ecole Superiore d’Agriculture (ESA), Angers, France
- Website: Advances in Legume Science and Practice
Past PCGIN Community meetings
PCGIN Management Meeting
- Date: 24 March 2020
- Venue: Online (Zoom)
- PCGIN management and steering meeting agenda
PCGIN Stakeholder Meeting
The meeting presented the latest developments within genetic research on UK pulse crops. Progress on disease resistance, agronomy and seed quality traits, and genetic tools and resources, were presented by PCGIN partners. A series of industry perspective talks dealt with future market opportunities and relevant international developments, with time for interactions over lunch. This was an industry-led stakeholder meeting and the programme is available here. A report from the meeting is available on pages 14-16 of the GARNish Newsletter December 2019 report here.
- Date: 14 November 2019
- Venue: Belton Woods, Belton, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG32 2LN
- ICLGG 2019 – For the People and the Planet – Harnessing the potential of Legumes
Date: 13-17 May 2019
Venue: Dijon, France
- Third International Legume Society Conference (ILS3)
Date: 21-24 May 2019
Venue: Poznan, Poland
- Uncorking the Genetic GINie for British Crops
Date: 22 February 2016
Venue: John Innes Centre, Norwich
Past PCGIN meetings
Agendas from past PCGIN meetings dating back to 2016.
- PCGIN 2019 Management Meeting – 24 September 2019, NIAB, Cambridge
- PCGIN 2019 Management Meeting – 26 March 2019, PGRO, Peterborough
- PCGIN 2018 Stakeholder Meeting – 23 November 2018, John Innes Centre, Norwich
- PCGIN 2018 Management Meeting – 3 October 2018, John Innes Centre, Norwich
- PCGIN 2018 Management Meeting – 6 June 2018, John Innes Centre, Norwich
- PCGIN 2017 Stakeholder Meeting – 5 December 2017, PGRO, Peterborough
- PCGIN 2017 Management Meeting October – 24 October 2017, John Innes Centre, Norwich
- PCGIN 2017 Management Meeting March – 27 March 2017, PGRO, Peterborough
- PCGIN 2016 Stakeholder Meeting – 2 December 2016, NIAB, Cambridge