Ruby supports scientists to effectively communicate their findings using printed and digital media such as posters, videos and animations.
Ruby is also responsible for defined long term projects including development, writing and publication of corporate publications, newsletters, our magazine Advances and supporting the delivery of events.
Having previously worked in the lab at the Sainsbury Laboratory which is also on the Norwich Research Park, Ruby uses her scientific background to make complex or challenging scientific concepts accessible.
She is passionate about communicating all the exciting science that happens at the John Innes Centre in as engaging ways as possible to ensure that it reaches a wide audience.
Recent projects include;
- Working with Clare Stevenson to create a video about the vital role of technicians to our science
- Producing a video about the Genes in the Environment Institute Strategic Programme
- Working with Dr Yogesh Gupta at the Sainsbury Laboratory to design an animation about the release of the complete genome of Asian Soybean Rust
- Organising a showing and discussion of the film Well Fed at the Norwich Science Festival
- Collaborating with the Norwich University of the Arts Illustration course for second year illustration students to communicate our science