Showcase of Young Science 2011
This public event was held in March 2011at the Forum in Norwich to showcase some of the varied research being undertaken by young scientists at both the John Innes Centre and the Institute of Food Research. After the audience had listened to the 4 presentations they were asked to vote for which project they would give continued funding to. You can also vote for your favourite area of research by using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Welcome and Introduction by Mike Merrick
- A mouldy story: how wheat combats disease
James Brown and Elizabeth Orton
- Using maths to prevent botulism
Mike Peck and Ewelina Wachnika
- A fungus among us: How fluorescent fungi and mutant plants can help feed the world
Jeremy Murray and Kirsty Jackson
- Why do plants produce gases that harm the ozone layer?
Lars Ostergaard and Evelyn Koerner